Thursday, August 28, 2014

WELCOME!

Hey y'all!  So, for about two years now I've been toying with the idea of starting my blog.  My best friends and close family have been urging me to do it and we would toss around blog names but nothing felt quite "right." I kept saying to myself that I would do it in my 30th year and then, only once I knew I could commit myself to it wholly.  Well, 30 came REAL quick and I knew it was time to just bite the bullet and go for it! 

So, WELCOME to Southern on the South Shore!  A little about me just to get us started.  I'm 30 and was born and raised all over Georgia (Valdosta, Arlington, Macon, Savannah, Macon-in that order).  I went to college at Georgia Southern University and lived in Atlanta until I was 25 (there was a semester in NYC mixed in there, but more about that later.)  My job eventually moved me to Baton Rouge, LA for two years and while I was there I started a long distance relationship (another story for another post) with a guy who is from the South Shore of Boston, MA.  One year into the relationship, I knew I was done in LA, so I found a job and made the big move.  2 years later, we are married and I'm now a Southern girl living in New England.  So that's the back story on the blog.  What can you expect from this blog?  Who knows.  No really.  I may not post every day, or even every week.  I definitely don't want blogging to become a chore.  This won't be an "I woke up and ate overnight oats, made a green smoothie, ran, worked, then came home and made dinner" blog; however, there may be some of that mingled in every once in a while.  Here's what I am certain you will see from Southern on the South Shore:  1. My favorite restaurants as well as restaurant reviews(obsessed with picking out restaurants for people.) 2. Tips for healthy living 3. Travel posts (dear Lord, we do crazy amounts of traveling) 4. Random tips/thoughts I find interesting (and if you ask my husband, I have a LOT of those)

I've already got some pretty good posts lined up about my 30th birthday in Boston/Nantucket, our recent trip to NYC, and a "top 5" post for which I've received lots of requests, so make sure to visit back in the next couple of days and make sure to leave a comment on what you'd like to see more of!

Linds

1 comment :

  1. So proud of you Linds! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete