Thursday, August 28, 2014

30th Birthday weekend- Part 1

Hey y'all!! ( Side note-every time I type that, I say it in my best Tami Taylor southern drawl)   My 30th birthday was August 2nd, and since it was one of those "big" birthdays, it turned into a 3 day celebration.  We started on Thursday night when Ricky's parents wanted to take me out on the South Shore.  We were going to try Mother Anna's in Pembroke (the same restaurant that's on Hanover Street in the North End) but they still hadn't officially opened.  We ended up at Tosca, in Hingham, which is where we took my in-law's on their 30th wedding anniversary last year and is DELICIOUS!  Tosca is an Italian inspired restaurant and has a rustic feel with exposed beams and high ceilings and feels almost "romantic."  A definite special occasion spot. 

One thing that I thought was really cool about Tosca, is that they give you a wine list on an Ipad which allows you to view and choose from their extensive selection.  My mother-in-law, Mary, chose a Pinot Noir that was nice and the guys both ordered cocktails (Hendricks and Tonic, per usual).  No pictures of our food from this night because I was trying to stay away from phone, but I had the Wood Grilled Scottish Salmon and Ricky had the Wild Boar Bolognese.  Both were absolutely perfect but his Bolognese had the perfect touch of sweetness that a Bolognese should have. They did bring out a chocolate dessert with candles after dinner and we called it a night after that.

When I moved to the South Shore, I constantly begged Ricky to take me into Boston for date nights, but I quickly learned that you don't always have to go into the city (sometimes it's just to exhausting) as there are some amazing spots in our neighborhood.

Birthday dessert that was devoured by my husband and father-in-law
Ricky and me after dinner


My father and mother-in -law


Stay tuned for Part 2 of 3 on the 30th birthday weekend :)

xoxo, Linds

No comments :

Post a Comment